Friday, July 11, 2008

First Meal with Family

I spent half an hour before dinner studying up on my Spanish vocabulary in anticipation of a Spanish only conversation. I put together a question about the possibility of switching rooms and prepped on some other key words and phrases. Still, I was horrified to discover that there were only two of us at dinner, the mother and me! I didn´t think I could sustain a complete conversation in Spanish over the course of dinner.

Cobbling together the crudest of phrases and words, I learned Myrna´s family was at karate match and at grandmas and that the other people in the house were gone to visit the Mayan ruins at Coban.

Somehow I also managed to learn the mom doesn´t read much (no time) and that their vacation are mostly in the area because it is too expensive to travel with a family of five.

This picture has absolutely no connection to the dinner but it was my first chance to try to include a photograph since I haven´t figured out how to edit a previous posting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that was soooooooooooooo random!